DARCHE INTREPIDOR 2 ROOF TOP TENT
The Intrepidor 2 is designed to inspire and get you out touring!
Ideal for SUV and soft roaders, the Intrepidor 2 uniquely features a tropical fly with triangle side vents. Constructed with tough 260gsm cotton poly ripstop canvas, a 2.1m square alloy slide ladder, light weight alloy base and a full alloy centre pivoting yoke, you can have complete confidence in your set up. Darche quality includes a comfortable 65mm mattress, 600gsm PVC cover with cold crack treatment and twin needle lock stitching. The Intrepidor 2 combines innovation, premium materials and construction.
* Eclipse Side Awning sold separately
- 210 Denier oxford polyester ripstop fly
- Fly features 2 triangle side vents
- Adjustable tropical fly helps prevent condensation and ensures constant airflow in all conditions
- 260gsm cotton poly ripstop canvas
- A 2.1m square alloy slide ladder is included
- 65mm thick high-density mattress
- Laminated 600gsm PVC tonneau cover with cold crack treatment and D ring tie downs
- Internal alloy frame is 1mm gauge x 25mm diameter tube, with pole sleeves
- Cast alloy frame lugs
- Light weight alloy base
- Full alloy centre pivoting yoke provides strength and reduces weight
- Seams are sealed and twin needle lock stitched, using a fell seam method
- Raw edges are bound with canvas, not inferior synthetic binding tape
- Bound canvas eliminates wicking issues
- A fine, tightly woven multiple yarn (ripstop) in both directions of the weave ensures tear strength, water and abrasion resistance
- Bound canvas window loops
- Strong and fine insect mesh throughout
- Self repairing coil zips
- Removable pack down bungee cords included
- Complete with window poles, pegs and instructions
Size: 1.4m wide x 2.4m long x 1.25m high (peak height)
Ideal For: 4x4 Touring
CONSIDERING YOUR ROOF TOP TENT AND VEHICLE CAPABILITIES
FITTING A ROOF TOP TENT ON YOUR VEHICLE
Darche tents are produced in sizes and weights to accommodate fitment on most vehicles and trailer arrangements. Standard Passenger vehicles, trucks, vans, soft roaders and 4x4 vehicles - when appropriately sized and fitted, Darche RTT's will have a slight impact on fuel economy. Darche Roof Top Tents are designed to mount simply on most capable after-market and O/E Cross bars and roof racks.
ROOF RACKS FOR YOUR ROOF TOP TENT
LOAD RATING ON A ROOF TOP TENT
Every vehicle manufacturer has a specified maximum dynamic roof loading weight whilst the vehicle is in motion. We suggest contacting your vehicle manufacturer or dealer for advice on roof load limits and factory installed bars and or racks in relation to Dynamic loads limits in relation to your vehicle. Correctly fitted and quality rack systems transfers the roof top tents weight to structural parts of your vehicles roof , which are designed to withstand a low speed roll–overs in some cases. Consider some factory fitted cross bars and racks systems may not be intended for heavier loads. It is extremely important to note that loads placed on vehicles roof will have an effect on vehicles braking and handling characteristics. We at Darche highly recommend you conduct your own individual research according to your own requirements and circumstances.
The most important factors to consider:
- Your rack system type
- Your vehicles Static and Dynamic roof load rating.
Static weight load: refers to the weight when the vehicle would be stationary
Dynamic weight load: measured whilst a vehicle is mobile and on the move
Australian Standards require roof rack manufactures to rate their racks under Dynamic weight load.
Darche’s roof top tents weigh between 50 and 65 kg.
Most quality Track mount and Gutter mount roof rack systems will accommodate the weight of a Darche roof top tent based on their Dynamic weight load rating.
As the Roof top tent ladder also acts as structural support when the tent is opened and in use, the actual combined static weight load of a roof top tent with two adults on the vehicle can be determined as follows:
Weight of Roof top tent: 55 kg
Weight of Roof racks: 12 kg
Weight of two adults: 180kg
Total weight = 247kg
Approximately 1/3 of the weight is supported by a correctly extended ladder.
Actual total static weight on the roof= 164.6kg
Darche tents are designed to withstand much abuse and hard core situations whilst off road. For continual off-road use we recommend fitting your tent to a gutter mount rack or bar system. This will enable even distribution of the load and reduce vehicle dame under continual heavy off-road use.
We recommend that new Darche swags are thoroughly wet down before first use. This will ensure that your swag or tent performs well in wet weather by allowing the poly/cotton corespun thread and canvas to swell ensuring the take up of any potential leaks in the stitching.
- Do not use soap or detergents on the canvas.
- Do not store the product if wet, allow to dry first.
- To clean use a soft brush and cold water.
- Do not expose to petrol, oils or harsh chemicals.
- Allow mould to dry
- Remove surface mould off with stiff bristle brush
- Vacuum the area
- Treat area with Oil of Clove spray (diluted spray can be purchased or can be mixed using a few drops of oil into a spray bottle of water)
Condensation is a natural occurrence in cold weather. In confined areas like swags and tents the body releases more moisture than the canvas can dispose of. To minimise the chance of condensation, we recommend slightly opening the window of the swag or tent to enable airflow on cold nights.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Help other Award RV Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.